The Quezon City Regional Trial Court last Tuesday enjoined the media against writing or discussing the quarrel between deputy national security adviser Luis "Chavit" Singson and his ex-partner Rachel "Che" Tiongson.
According to GMA’s Flash Report, the QCRTC also told the two camps not to talk to the media about the alleged beating as it was a "family matter."
The court issued the statement before the hearing of Tiongson’s petition for a temporary protection order from Singson that was filed last week.
Singson did not attend the first hearing called by Judge Angelene Mary Quimpo Sale of the QCRTC Branch 26 last Tuesday, even though he had been busy giving interviews with TV, radio and print journalists during the past few days.
Tiongson attended the hearing, escorted by members of the women's advocacy group Gabriela.
In previous interviews, Singson repeatedly talked about how he assaulted Tiongson after he supposedly found her in bed with another man inside their Quezon City apartment. Tiongson has denied his story.
But as the clamor by women advocates for the Palace to suspend Singson mounted, he later backtracked, claiming that he in fact saved Tiongson and her male companion from being killed by the private detectives he had hired to stalk the pair.
Tiongson is still reportedly shaken by the incident and always becomes emotional when asked about their children. Her 17-year-old relationship with the former Ilocos Sur governor bore five children.Singson has refused to take a leave of absence from work and said that he will leave his fate in the hands of his immediate superior, National Security Adviser Norberto Gonzales