Monday, March 23, 2009

MOMMY WHAT'S FOR SNACK?

Mommy what's for snack?

My daughter Ashley has been telling me to cook pasta carbonara. I don't have any idea on how to cook it. So yesterday, i ask my friend tricia to teach me on how to cook carbonara. She said that there are many version of this food but she think we should stick to the most simple and easy way.

Here are the ingredients and step by step procedure on how to cook it. Just in case you want to try it for your self.

Ingredients:

400 grams uncooked spaghetti noodles
4 eggs
1/2 cup evaporated filled milk
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 cup diced bacon
1/4 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup sliced button mushrooms
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
2 tablespoonschopped parsley

Procedure:

1. Cook spaghettias directed in its package. Drain and set aside.
2. Whisk in a bowl the eggs,milk, and cheese. Set aside
3. In a large pan, cook bacon until almost crisp.
4. Add onions and mushrooms to saute.
5. Toss cooked spaghetti with bacon and mushrooms.
6. Stir in milk mixture and toss until thick and creamy.
7. Season with salt and pepper before removing from heat.
8. Top with chopped parsley.

Best serve with garlic toast and ice cold softdrinks.

My kids told me that the taste was very good. Thanks to my friend tricia.

1 comment: